Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

99 Impreza Sport Clutch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_MinGinSube_*

Guest_MinGinSube_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:03 AM

ADVISE PLEASE!!

I have read a couple of postings on "Clutch" issues, but I am not sure if mine fits in the same category.

First, I have a 99 Impreza Outback Sport. It has a little over 29,000 miles on it. I just brought it in to the dealer today because I noticed acceleration problems. They called me and told me that I need a new clutch and it will cost $900.00.

I have driven manuals for many years and some over 100,000+ miles and have never had to get a clutch replaced.

Is this the same issue with the postings "What's the store . . ."? or is it only specific to 2.5L engines?

Is $900.00 way over priced? Do I have any valid argument that the clutch should not need replacement with a car under 30,000 miles?

Thanks for any response!!

#2 Guest_mattocs_*

Guest_mattocs_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:47 PM

$300 for the clutch...plus labor...thats what I just paid...so like about $600...not from the dealer.

AutoZon has the clutch for my car for about $220 I think...I found it on ebay for under $150.

Clutchs are expensive...take it someplace other than the dealer.

Also, if it only has 29,000 miles on it...someone must have been beating the hell out of it. Mine didn't start to slip until 190,000 miles...then I beat it till it didn't go anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users