Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oh yeah.. drilled brake rotors coming soon!

Guest baccaruda

Guest baccaruda

I have a source for drilled brake rotors in Spokane. My friend's brother.

He currently drills new rotors for VW/Audi/Porsche and sells them on Ebay.

He has been thinking about getting into Japanese cars for a while now :D

I got the impression that he's thinking more WRX and other current models, but anything with enough customers to make it worth his while would make it worth his while ;)

He takes all sorts of measurements and then plots the design on AutoCAD.

He asked me to get a comprehensive list of whats and whens. Does anyone have a list of what rotors came on what years and models and body styles already?

I'd guess that all EA81 cars have the same front rotors, and all EA82 cars including the XT have the same fronts and the same rears? And then the XT6 is different in front and back? Were there any disc brakes before the EA81 serieses?

And does anyone here have this info for newer subies?

thanks!

EDIT oh, and no he doesn't slot them, just drilling.

Guest SubaruJunkie

EA81's came with both solid and vented front rotors. 1980 to 1983 have solid, and 1984 to 1985 (1988 for brats and hatch's) have vented.

I believe all EA82's are the same.

-Brian

Guest thesubarukid

Sorry to butt in on your thread Andy, but i was thinking about doing the rear disk conversion to my wagon. (A gl-10, but no rear disks:( ) Anyways, i was wondering if you have been to spauldings or pull n save lately and seen if they have a car that will "donate" to my cause?

Thanks in advance,

Guest GlCraigGT

There is a service bulletin about this. The switch to vented began with the 83 model year. All 4WD autos got them. Then the rest of the models got them beginning in June.

As for switching to drilled rotors you may want to read this thread first.

<a href="http://pub110.ezboard.com/fultimatesubarumessageboardsthenewgenerationofsubarus.showMessage?topicID=7747.topic" target="top">pub110.ezboard.com/fultimatesubarumessageboardsthenewgenerationofsubarus.showMessage?topicID=7747.topic</a>