Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

trans issue legacy ss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xrturbo

xrturbo

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • allentown

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:29 AM

i just picked up a 92 legacy ss and they told me the trans was slipping. i trailered it home threw a battery in it and took it out for a ride. it seems to have some boost issues that i have to look into, and the trans doesnt slip what so ever, it justs hangs in gear and bounces off the rev limiter if you jump on it, if you baby it it just shifts late. i guess the two probs together they interpreted as slipping. anyone have any ideas on the hanging in gear.

#2 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,089 posts
  • WV

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

i'd check the fluid level and end up changing the ATF right away. make sure the ATF lines look good and the ATF pan isn't dented.

what do you mean by boost issues? engine driveability could affect the transmission indirectly depending what it is. i know nothing about turbo's so i can't help you specifically except to say get the engine running right first before assuming the trans has issues.

not to jump the gun, i think this is completely premature but it does sounds like the beginning signs of typical 4EAT problems that i've seen in the past. is the POWER light blinking and can you pull the codes? the ones i've seen go bad typically if you turn the car off and back on it randomly may go away sometimes. but eventually the trans will die. again...just past experience, i'd check all the minor issues first.

#3 njdrsubaru

njdrsubaru

is this thing on?

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Old Bridge, NJ

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

i've had problems like that because of the TPS sensor, i've had many SS and almost all of then had that problem except the last one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users