Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i just picked up a 92 legacy ss and they told me the trans was slipping. i trailered it home threw a battery in it and took it out for a ride. it seems to have some boost issues that i have to look into, and the trans doesnt slip what so ever, it justs hangs in gear and bounces off the rev limiter if you jump on it, if you baby it it just shifts late. i guess the two probs together they interpreted as slipping. anyone have any ideas on the hanging in gear.

i'd check the fluid level and end up changing the ATF right away. make sure the ATF lines look good and the ATF pan isn't dented.

what do you mean by boost issues? engine driveability could affect the transmission indirectly depending what it is. i know nothing about turbo's so i can't help you specifically except to say get the engine running right first before assuming the trans has issues.

not to jump the gun, i think this is completely premature but it does sounds like the beginning signs of typical 4EAT problems that i've seen in the past. is the POWER light blinking and can you pull the codes? the ones i've seen go bad typically if you turn the car off and back on it randomly may go away sometimes. but eventually the trans will die. again...just past experience, i'd check all the minor issues first.