Ultimate Subaru Message Board

power window relay Q's

ok guys, need to know which item is which and what would you try swapping out first for non-working power windows, or more like drivers door switches not working, but the others were for a while, now nothing works. Also, do any of these things have anything to do with the power door locks working?

power window stuff under passenger seat..

the item marked #1 says power window relay system on it, so am assuming this is the 'infamous' relay, but what are items 2 and 3??

#4 had quite a bit of corrosion going on, cleaned that up right off, but havent had a chance to try out the window switches yet, dead battery! :mad:

did a little searching for previous posts on the subject which was the only way I knew to pull the passenger seat to get to this stuff, but still not sure what is what...

thanks in advance

Sorry I havent been back since the original post several days ago, but have been pretty busy.

I spose i should have noted that we tried swapping out the drivers side switches with some that were known to work and no go there either.

#4 is the major grounding point, which was slightly corroded. That was the first thing i went to work on, cleaned up the corrosion with wire brush and sandpaper till we had brass showing again.

Unplugged the connectors on 1 and 2 and no corrosion in there, they look good.

Also, did check the fuse panel, and all the fuses were good, even tried swapping out the one for the windows, just in case, and nothing.

Am still intersted in what # 3 is, too.... it has no obvious markings on it, round and covered in a rubbery material with 2 wires coming out the side about 6 inches long to a connector.