Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2" lift

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,472 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

where can I get one? all I can find is 3", but looking at a 2" lifted car as opossed to a 3", I like the way the 2" looks... and I think the 3" might cause a little more drag on the highway. would that inch make any difference or am i worrying too much? should i just get a 3"? thanks in advance.

-Jordan

#2 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,081 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

hilarious.

drag on the highway

lol

Try the Scorpion website. Google Subaru Scorpion. Prepare to pay.

#3 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,576 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

where can I get one? all I can find is 3", but looking at a 2" lifted car as opossed to a 3", I like the way the 2" looks... and I think the 3" might cause a little more drag on the highway. would that inch make any difference or am i worrying too much? should i just get a 3"? thanks in advance.

-Jordan

what car?

#4 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,472 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

87 gl ea82 5sp d/r

#5 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

I'd say go the 3", not much difference in it at all. If you want it to sit a little lower, just get softer springs, that way you won't chew thru those cv's as fast. (but of cause you would have lower clearence.)

#6 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,472 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

3" it is.:grin: OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!! I'M GONNA HAVE A LIFTED WAG!!!!! lol :burnout: :burnout:

#7 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:46 PM

3" it is.:grin: OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!! I'M GONNA HAVE A LIFTED WAG!!!!! lol :burnout: :burnout:

wow someone is excited :lol: (i was the same way when i was getting a lift :P) Yea just go with the 3" man, also just dont run as big of tires? only run like 25's or something smaller, that way ur gas milage will stay closer to stock then like 28"'rs or something :lol:

#8 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, 27's wernt so nice on the gas. My 25's are pretty nice, but you could go a little bigger without much problem I reckon. Stay under 26" unless you want to offroad lots. :)

#9 Subaru_dude

Subaru_dude

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,472 posts
  • Morristown, TN

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

that's something i can't decide... i don't know how much i'm gonna offroad. i know with a lift, i'm gonna wanna do it all the time... but i'm developing some rust on the underside of my car and it's basically hopeless to try to fix it... I guess you could say it has cancer. I just plan on driving this one till it falls apart, and when it does take the lift off and put it on something else:grin: man i want a hatch so bad, lol.

#10 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

Why lift it if your not going to off-road it?

Go with a 3" lift and 27x8.5 Kumho Venture MT's! Take it out and get muddy, you may lose 3mpg but you'll gain 4" in your smile.

-Brian

#11 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

Why lift it if your not going to off-road it?

Go with a 3" lift and 27x8.5 Kumho Venture MT's! Take it out and get muddy, you may lose 3mpg but you'll gain 4" in your smile.

-Brian

So true. But if it's going to be a daily driver, don't put M/T's on it. You'll feel sad when they wear down, plus they are alittle sketchy on the road.

#12 soobmater

soobmater

Got Mud?

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  • South Bend

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:08 AM

So true. But if it's going to be a daily driver, don't put M/T's on it. You'll feel sad when they wear down, plus they are alittle sketchy on the road.

Well those khumo m/ts arent that bad, check out bias super swampers:lol: .. They shake so dang bad and are so loud.(which doesnt bother me but bothers my dad) it was wierd though, because i never even noticed the extra shaking before my tire fell off that time :lol: If its a daily driver, just get some decent all terrains. Just depends what you're idea of offroad is.

#13 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:20 AM

Tell ya what, I regret getting the M/T's, the saving I could of had getting normal tires would of paid for an LSD. Which I reckon would be much better. But anyway, I reckon I'll be getting an LSD soon anyhow! :D

#14 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,377 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:28 AM

run stock tires while on the street.Run 27X9.5X 15or 14 super swamper SSR's.The SSR's are radials.Super Swamper Radial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users