Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another one bites the dust...

Well I am devistated to see what I did, but I was driving too fast on a small road, not expecting oncoming cars. I drove around the 1 turn between 41 and my street at probably around 60 mph (I had grown used to speeding around on this desolate road) And wasnt expecting a car to come thru the same turn at the same time.

100_0737.jpg

http://usmb.net/albums/albuo68/100_0738.jpg

I swerved out of the way to avoid side swiping the other car. Unfortunately the rear tires broke loose afterward, swung one way, then countersteered and swung all the way around till I was flying backwards, dove off the road, through a fence, and then dropped down about 2 feet causing it to roll 3 times, landing on her feet. Stupidity at its finest. No one was hurt. I got out of the car (nascar style caust the door dont open anymore), and walked away like superman. This car came with a factory roll bar, had that bar not been there, the devistation probably would have cost me a lot more maybe even my life. After collecting most of my things scattered about in the dark with the help of some neighbors, I got back in the brat, started it up and drove it home. Yes, it fired right up and I drove that thing right into my driveway where it sits, ruined. At some point everyone has to have a moment of learning of when to have fun and when to not be stupid. I dont have a girlfriend right now, and I can honestly say I just destroyed the 1 thing I loved most.

-Mike

as long as no one was hurt thats all that matters right now..and look at it this way...your Suby took care of you...I have said before these cars have hearts..they will give up thier own lives to keep their owners safe.

It will live on!

Glad you are OK:)

Ouch! Glad you're ok.

So,what was that roll bar worth?:)

Saved you outright,and your family from grief and funeral expenses....that's gotta be worth $150,right?;) Again,glad you're ok :headbang:

But,did you have to show me that first edition 4WD wagon?:rolleyes::)

OK,which vulture is going to ask first?:lol:

Ouch! Glad you're ok.

So,what was that roll bar worth?:)

Saved you outright,and your family from grief and funeral expenses....that's gotta be worth $150,right?;) Again,glad you're ok :headbang:

But,did you have to show me that first edition 4WD wagon?:rolleyes::)

OK,which vulture is going to ask first?:lol:

Ok nobody touches my stage 1 wagon, she's all I got left. The drivetrain probably from the brat will go in the wagon so that can run again. Pushbar is also going on the wagon with some rally lights mounted to it. I already have 1 person on first pick for the rollbar WHEN I decide what to do with the brat overall. Keep in mind this brat has the GL dash with the tach. Anyway I will make a parts list and let you guys know when I am ready to part it out (if I fully decide to do so).

-Mike