Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'88 justy gl 4wd needs ooomph...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 estabon23

estabon23

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • wisconsin

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:54 PM

i've been reading up around this board, and seeing more potential in my lil'ol'justy than before... i'm planning to change the stock muff, maybe advance the timing a click or 2... what else can i do w/wrenches & for less than a paycheck to get my car back in the 20-second 1/4 mile range...? NOS...? big wing...? stickers...?
--- steven

#2 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:16 PM

DEFINITELY look into stickers, they have the best HP increase pricewise of any mod on the market!! :banana:

Seriously though, I wonder what a small turbo on low boost would accomplish... And that's not expensive, junkyard turbos are diamonds in the rough ;)

And while we're on the subject of Justy Turbos, is there really such thing as a Justy Turbo from the factory? I've heard rumors about them, but nothing more...

#3 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:52 PM

Yup.. Japanese models only though:mad:

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,279 posts
  • Portland

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:52 PM

I have heard from reliable sources that there was indeed a turbo justy. Don't think I have seen one, but I believe the person who told me about them.

GD

#5 bbbs53

bbbs53

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Bonners Ferry Idaho

Posted 07 November 2003 - 04:24 PM

No doubt about it, nitrous it is!

#6 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 07 November 2003 - 04:46 PM

the standard intake hackjob and a fatter exhaust should help a bit, but 20 sec, NO WAY IN HELL jk :D

#7 estabon23

estabon23

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • wisconsin

Posted 08 November 2003 - 06:31 AM

i have a "new" justy exh. manifold i bought on e-bay a while back... i wonder if i could make an adapter plate and put a small turbo on it... ct-9 toyota starlet...? IHI from a chevy sprint turbo...? i just saw one sell for $150, recently... make a nice paperweight... -lol-
the sprint turbos were 3cyl... so's the suzuki cappucino, w/turbo... this might make a nice project, if i didn't need the car this winter... right now i just need to tune it up, and winterize... maybe the muffler, now, since it's so cheap...
i think i will look into the ozified lift kit, next week...
thanks again for your help...
--- steven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users