Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

colorado members i need a transmission

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

needs to be fulltime 4wd with diff lock i'll take 3.7 or 3.9 ratio's the current one is going fast and needs to come out

#2 DrKrazy

DrKrazy

Which one to drive today?

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Golden

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

Is this for your XT6 Jeff? Or your friend's car you were telling me about today at the JY? (thought you said just push-button 4wd)...anyways will keep my eye out, there was none that I saw at Colorado today since I know you were concentrating on that XT6 while you were there. I had walked the whole yard before we saw eachother.

#3 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

this is for the death wedge, i pulled the old cv and the boot is torn and there is a small amount of play but otherwise it's in beautiful condition which means as i suspected the transmission is the cause of my vibration, so it's coming out tommorow and the death wedge is going up on stands till i get a new one

#4 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,889 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

Look in the marketplace Jeff...... I have a thread I started there:-\

#5 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

*cough*
Jeff, there's a wanted forum for a reason.

#6 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

yeah, i have a post there i posted here hoping someone has seen one in a yard so i can go and get it:cool:

#7 blownbimer

blownbimer

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Broomfield

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

yeah, i have a post there i posted here hoping someone has seen one in a yard so i can go and get it:cool:

Last time I was at action they had an xt6...but I didnt look at what trans it had...Kristina and I may go sunday...or just me...I can let you know what they have though.

They also had 2x ft wagons...but I doubt they had the diff lock....they did have LSDs though.

Thanks
Erik

#8 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,932 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:08 PM

Last time I was at action they had an xt6...but I didnt look at what trans it had...Kristina and I may go sunday...or just me...I can let you know what they have though.

They also had 2x ft wagons...but I doubt they had the diff lock....they did have LSDs though.

Thanks
Erik

One of em is lacking an LSD. :)

#9 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

Thanks
Erik

at this point the diff lock is nice but not all that important please check the milage and post or call me

#10 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,889 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:24 PM

IIRC, all Full Time trannies have a diff lock, regardless of single range and dual range.

#11 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:05 AM

Russ is right... all FTs should have the diff lock. Jeff.. you should put a PB turbo tranny in it.. it'll be faster, get better MPG(when it runs) and you wont have to convert your 3.7 lsd to a 3.9:banana: BTW I also happen to have one for sale:grin:

#12 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:29 PM

nah it wouldn't be right to have a front wheel drive xt-6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users