Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spottings at Colorado Auto Parts today....

Finally had some time to run to the JY for some parts I've been looking for for the wife's legacy (couple seatbelts, misc other things) did not find the heated mirror though still...anyways had some good spots while I was there so thought I would throw them up for you guys:

88 SPFI Red Sedan with 55k on it, smashed from back corner (had a brand new alt, that is with me now) would be one hell of a donor engine though!

At least 20+ other EA82's, no LSD's to be found though, and all the 4wd turbo's were sitting on the rear discs :mad: So still no rear discs or LSD for the lifted rig, but I did get it a present.

Couple of good complete EA81 wagon's, several Justy's of different ages

Best of all there was a 70's 4wd Wagon (2 headlights with the big silver thing in the middle of the grille), was complete and in decent shape with another engine sitting in the back...poor thing, too bad they don't sell cars out of there. Grille was perfect and I should've pulled it but busy looking for other things. No pics and can't say exactly what year it was but I snagged the 4wd emblem off of it for my lifted rig:

oldemblem.jpg

And of course I ran into Jeffast123 and we blabbed while ripping the rear end of an XT6 apart to get him an axle (and it was raining most of the time of course)....not much left of this car, and man did we have a hell of time getting that axle off. Walking out to the parking lot and to my surpise there is a 3-door maroon EA82 coupe sitting in the parking lot, kinda rare to see those around...wonder if the owner saw my RX sitting in the back of the parking lot. Anyways just an update and always good to run into your fellow Roo buds at the JY.

I have no idea what they charge for engines anymore, Jerry might know better than me. Actually I think Jeff got his engine there..what did they charge you Jeff? Though that was a 6 and not a 4cyl. Yep it's the one off Santa Fe, my favorite yard really. Sometimes they rip you off a tad, sometimes it's a sweet deal. But they almost alway have a ton of old Roo's around for me to pick through.

i did, i bought a long block it was $90 plus core, i think the're asking for 50-60 for a shortblock

edit: co autoparts is getting better, but they had a phase were they thought all their parts were solid gold

second edit: i don't think engine size matters if i remember right

Doc,what colors on the 70's 4WD wagon?

Your new emblem look great,it'a a late '77 and '78 style.Let me know the date of mfg. if you can please.

I sent a PM before I saw this post in this forum.I'd take any good blue interior "remote" door handle covers,those recessed covers,you know the deal ;) .Also would take any good front carpet,and the thin vinyl coated paper they use against the firewall up near the driver's feat and around towards the driver's door.

If you don't mind,PM me a number to call and I'll send you mine.I don't have a lot to spend but I'll take care of your time for sure.Mostly need little things that don't take long at all to get.If it's not a blue interior there's still a few things I'd get.

Thanks,

Paul