Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Sedan trunk

bgd73

What lined the tunks originally? was it carpet? I inherited one with what goes underneath a carpet, and it really like fluids- never let go of them.I have since put this rubber truck bedliner in over the soft wooly stuff. It took 1.5 years later to realize the importance of whatever was missing.. (vibrations and noise)- not to mention the heat being effective at cold.What was original? Now that this sedan is "a classic", I can't even find one to check. 13 years where I live is an antique.:confused:

floormatsoob005pi7.jpg

I personally have a thin carpet on the bottom.. and thats about it. I have seen some cars with the like, inch-thick watter sogging foam stuff.. but i think its probably one of those things that varied from year to year.. like headliners.. and steering wheels (to a degree)

btw i'd like to take thisopportunity to thank the pleiades for the fact that i have my steering wheel... i dont have a pic handy, but its got the little trapezoidal "spokes" at the ~4:30 and~7:30 positions, along with little thumb tabs at about 10 and 2 on the wheel... and i LOVE it, its the exact kind of steering wheel I like... except instead of two more arms at 10 and 2, its just little nubs that you can slide right past... but if you want to hold tight, its easy....

that, and i have factory cruise.

so There!! :-p

being as I put fluids in trunk, like anitfreeze and a full gallon of oil (I ruptured an oil filter:eek: been cautious ever since)

I have already found its containers flaws with a drop or two on the rubber mat. I forgot to mention electrical too avoided. heat in cabin, cold trunk, and hairy staic lightning fibers only thing seperating them. I bet it holds speakers for a long time now. :) if wehat is put into trunk is steel, it won't act like the unibody as well, quite seperated. I would have scrapped the oem carpet if there was one... :grin: