Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Loyale Sedan trunk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bgd73

bgd73

Banned - WARNING! Disregard EVERYTHING posted by this user

• Banned
  • 1,210 posts
  • Concrete Glacier

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

What lined the tunks originally? was it carpet? I inherited one with what goes underneath a carpet, and it really like fluids- never let go of them.I have since put this rubber truck bedliner in over the soft wooly stuff. It took 1.5 years later to realize the importance of whatever was missing.. (vibrations and noise)- not to mention the heat being effective at cold.What was original? Now that this sedan is "a classic", I can't even find one to check. 13 years where I live is an antique.:confused:
Posted Image

#2 Sister7

Sister7

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Port Orchard

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

My '88 GL-10 sedan has a type of utility carpet over a 1/4" felt pad on the floor and moulded carpet on the sides and fenders.

#3 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:11 AM

I personally have a thin carpet on the bottom.. and thats about it. I have seen some cars with the like, inch-thick watter sogging foam stuff.. but i think its probably one of those things that varied from year to year.. like headliners.. and steering wheels (to a degree)

btw i'd like to take thisopportunity to thank the pleiades for the fact that i have my steering wheel... i dont have a pic handy, but its got the little trapezoidal "spokes" at the ~4:30 and~7:30 positions, along with little thumb tabs at about 10 and 2 on the wheel... and i LOVE it, its the exact kind of steering wheel I like... except instead of two more arms at 10 and 2, its just little nubs that you can slide right past... but if you want to hold tight, its easy....

that, and i have factory cruise.

so There!! :-p

#4 bgd73

bgd73

Banned - WARNING! Disregard EVERYTHING posted by this user

• Banned
  • 1,210 posts
  • Concrete Glacier

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:33 PM

being as I put fluids in trunk, like anitfreeze and a full gallon of oil (I ruptured an oil filter:eek: been cautious ever since)
I have already found its containers flaws with a drop or two on the rubber mat. I forgot to mention electrical too avoided. heat in cabin, cold trunk, and hairy staic lightning fibers only thing seperating them. I bet it holds speakers for a long time now. :) if wehat is put into trunk is steel, it won't act like the unibody as well, quite seperated. I would have scrapped the oem carpet if there was one... :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users