Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

rolled subaru

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 subaruguru

subaruguru

Scammer

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Yakima Wa,

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

hey i just payd 50 bucks for an 86 soob gl wagon and it has been rolled but i was wondering if i cut the roof off if the body will twist any concidering im making it my off road veicle i dont want it to twist they dont have frames do they ???? help would be apriciated:confused: :confused: :slobber:

#2 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,872 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

You'd have to do something like this http://www.risingsuncarservice.com.au/

Subies just don't have chassis, which means they need the body (inc roof) to hold straight(ish)

#3 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder

Just a guy

• Members
  • 1,131 posts
  • Rexburg, ID

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:06 PM

Drop it off at my place for about a week, I can make it look like that, maybe a bit more body left on it, full tube doors, etc.

#4 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:31 AM

hey i just payd 50 bucks for an 86 soob gl wagon and it has been rolled but i was wondering if i cut the roof off if the body will twist any concidering im making it my off road veicle i dont want it to twist they dont have frames do they ???? help would be apriciated:confused: :confused: :slobber:

We finally have people in Ellensburg?

SWEET!

#5 subaruguru

subaruguru

Scammer

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Yakima Wa,

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:59 PM

hey 4x4 how much would you charge me or is it just a good deed HMMM lol get back to me i might give you a call:lol:

#6 123c

123c

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • East Wenatchee

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

We finally have people in Ellensburg?

SWEET!

I lived in Ellensburg for 5 years, while I went to school, but no subaru for me during those years, I had my MB :-\

#7 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:16 AM

I lived in Ellensburg for 5 years, while I went to school, but no subaru for me during those years, I had my MB :-\

I wa there a few months ago. I haven't gotten over there in the past 5 years as often as I used to. But when I need peace and quiet, quite often thats where I head.

My mother grew up there and I still have a bit of family in the area, so you never know when I might turn up there (though of late it has been mostly for funerals and such :( )

#8 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:25 AM

You'd have to do something like this http://www.risingsuncarservice.com.au/

those are awesome:slobber: :clap: :burnout:

maybe i'll roll mine over soon:brow:

#9 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

I prefer these...

http://www.rhinobugg...au/products.htm

I think I'm a little biased:rolleyes:

http://www.ultimates...ge=6&ppuser=584

One thing's for sure, Subaru's make great buggies!

Get that sawzall fired up!

Good Luck,
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
84 GL Mad Max
01 Forester

#10 Mr Fishums

Mr Fishums

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Endicott

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:36 PM

I am about to chop up the rustiest bucket hatch I have, and do something like that with it :D Operation hillclimber?!

It's funny how subarus can get to the point where you can push your finger through the rust in metal between you and the tranny, but they still run so good!

#11 SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes

Aint got no Subaru!

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:34 PM

There is a roofless EA82 wagon that's been driving around here for years no problem, but he doesn't offroad it either. Cut the roof and weld in bars where the roof would be, or at bottom-of-the-window level and you'll be fine.

#12 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:57 AM

yah, you could weld some steel in as horizontal cross members to make sure youre good and stiff.. one good cheap source of angle iron is discarded bedframes on the side of the road :lol: sure its cheap and ghetto as can be but you dont need ALOT of strength in your corssmembers if you do two good criss-crossed bars, at two points along the length of the car.. and it makes for good conversation. "Yah, I made my buggy out of a subaru and some bedframes.. pretty sweet...."

#13 SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes

Aint got no Subaru!

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:03 PM

yah, you could weld some steel in as horizontal cross members to make sure youre good and stiff.. one good cheap source of angle iron is discarded bedframes on the side of the road :lol: sure its cheap and ghetto as can be but you dont need ALOT of strength in your corssmembers if you do two good criss-crossed bars, at two points along the length of the car.. and it makes for good conversation. "Yah, I made my buggy out of a subaru and some bedframes.. pretty sweet...."

Ghetto is Subaru's middle name.

#14 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

heres mine

Posted Image

2" quickee lift fun at the dunes

#15 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:47 AM

heres mine

Posted Image

2" quickee lift fun at the dunes

thats just beautiful... but why no headlights? theyve got to come in handy...

#16 DPDISXR4Ti

DPDISXR4Ti

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • New York

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

It's funny how subarus can get to the point where you can push your finger through the rust in metal between you and the tranny, but they still run so good!

Having just visited Gary's U-Pull-It in Binghamton, I was reminded how much more severe the rust problem is, by simply going 100 miles further north. Seems most everything in there was rusted, but especially the Subarus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users