Ultimate Subaru Message Board

speedo cable and lift

esh

has anyone had any issues with the speedo cable while doing a 3" lift on ea82? mine was too short and was pulled out of the dash. also, the gear stick wouldn't go in 1, 3 & 5. I had to move the plastic cover of the gear stick few mm forward.

yea, my speedo cable pulled out, I just rerouted it under the pitch stopper.

and yea, my shifter hit the trim around it, I had lots of trouble getting it into any gears. there's a nut on the back of the linkage, that attaches the whole thing to the body, this allows for some adjustment. loosen that nut a bit, and allow it to shift, then retighten. you could also put a bunch of washers on that stud to drop the linkage down a bit, but then you're 4WD lever would probably hit the trim before it get's into the FWD position. this may help some, although I still had to grind on the trim with a dremel to fix it all.

I had the same problem with my speedo cable. Chux pretty much covered what you need to do. Re route the cable. There is enough there to do this. However you will probably have to pull the dash to reconnect it to the back. only about an hour process. Just keep track of your screws!

I had the same problem with my speedo cable. Chux pretty much covered what you need to do. Re route the cable. There is enough there to do this. However you will probably have to pull the dash to reconnect it to the back. only about an hour process. Just keep track of your screws!

technically you can do it from underneath/behind. but probably only if you've had it all apart, and know where/how it goes together. but it may be worth a try.