Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subarus at Harry's U-Pull-It

Just thought I'd drop a general note that there are currently more Subarus at Harry's in Hazleton PA than I ever recall seeing previously. No Brats, but lots of EA81's and many 80's and early 90's cars. I can't give you any specifics - I wasn't there for Subaru parts myself - but just thought I'd give a heads-up if you were thinking about making a trip out.

looks like a fun project. i saw on the merkur forum you plan on bringing it to carlisle next year. gonna show with the rest of the xr4ti's or the subarus??

Well, it's still mostly a Merkur at heart, but I might be inclined to do some of the other shows as a change of pace. I think I'd have quite an array of alternatives though - look at all the Carlisle shows I could enter...

Performance & Style

Import Nationals

Ford Nationals

All-Truck Nationals

But first, I've got to get it done....

i read that entire thread at the merkur forum.. i have to say, nice project, and nice work!!! how close of a math, visually, is the tail end of the brat and the tail end of the P100 you are trying to replicate?? make sure you post a thread here with at least links to the thread over there when you get it finished...

I wouldn't say I'm really trying to replicate a P100. The side-to-side outer dimensions of the Merkur are anywhere from 1.5 to 3" wider than the Brat. That works out well, as I'll be able to tuck the Brat sheet metal in side of the Merkur. That's especially true around the B-pillar, where the 3" difference kicks in. That's good, as it should allow me to double-up in that area and make a very strong and stiff cabin.