Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Honda 1100 Shadow in Brat bed

Going to pick up a new scooter this evening and only have the Brat to get it in. Has anyone fit this size bike (2001 Honda 1100 Spirit) in the bed? Not really worried about the weight as it is just under 600 lbs. but some of these cruiser class bikes are long. I know the tailgate will have to stay down but hate to drive over 50 miles to get the bike only to find out one wheel won't go all the way on.

Thanks, Glenn

if you cant lay it down, you could try standing it up and supporting it with wood braces, then tying it all down...

dont own a brat and havent seen one in some time, so I may not be visualizing very well.. also never transported a motorcycle before, so i may not be grokking the issue in fullness. in other words, if my comment is dumb, ignore me and smile. :)

I had a 750lb pig in back of my brat when i needed to move him to our new house 15 miles, that got some looks...........:banana:

too bad no pictures!!!!

was the pig sitting in one of the back seats? :lol:

edit

wait wait, i thought of another one..

Moving a 750 pound pig!?!??!? That sure is Some Brat!

The pig was a pet for 7 years, to top this off she was coaked into the brat with a box of vegtables and old outdated HAM sandwiches i got from my fathers grocery store..when i got her to her new home her butt was sitting on the tailgate when i got stoped, would have been a great pic, but my concern was here falling out of the bed...........:banana: