Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ice Racing Stuff

It's nice to see that there is some interest in 1970's Subarus.They were well built and great fun to race.I ice raced for ten years,during the '80's,mostly with a '74 4door and later, won a NY State Ice Racing Championship with a '77 GF coupe,which brings me to the point of this message.

I had saved some stuff from my racing days and stuck it in the barn thinking that maybe I'd find a car worthy of being a nice driver,but time has passed,plans have changed,and I really could put the space to another use,so I would like to sell off the stuff as a lot.

I have 5 complete engines;

1 was a 100,000 mile 1400 before I started racing it

2 100,000 mile 1600's pulled from cars I was given

1 stock rebuilt 1600 with probably 10 races on it,and

1 1600 with shaved heads, a mild cam and a webber carb set up

I'm sure at this point they all should be torn down and checked.

There are 4 transmissions;

2 1400 trannys and

2 1600 trannys tricked out each with a '75 close ratio 5 speed

1 is locked for ice racing and

1 for the street

I have a very nice '78 FE coupe driver door and trunk lid a couple other doors,a hood and some wheels.3 good radiators,boxes of turn signal lenses and other trim type stuff more starters and alternators and carb. parts.All in all,probably a couple of pickup truck loads total.Is $1000 asking too much?

Problem is I don't think there's anyone nearby with enough interest and money to take the lot.

Right now is the worst time for me for buying any of your items but in the future I'd be willing to make an offer on a tranny and engine,or more.Don't really need turn signals,etc. but you probably have something else there I can use.One of those radiators,for sure,and I'd like to see the trim pieces you have too.

"WagonsOnly" needs a known good working alternator for a 1400....right now,and probably a known working voltage regulator too.

hey,

welcome to the club! i live right in newburgh, and am a subaru fanatic. had many 1600 subes, but now i only have 1 subaru 1800 4wd hatch, and a 1968 subaru 360 pickup.

Paul or Andrew are about the only other guys that would take your stuff. well, theres probly others, but not on this board.

• 4 months later...

I hope somebody puts these parts to good use Koelfish. :D

There are currnetly no Subarus entered in the Historic Ice Races scheduled for Lake George later this month. That rebuilt 1600 with the shaved head, Cam, and Weber carb would be perfect with the close ratio trans and locked differential.

Hey guys just remember, you can't get stuff like this at WalMart. :cool: