Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Priv selling price 91 Loyale Loyale Wagon ?

Reddish Wagon with 4WD, AC, Auto Windoows, door locks & side mirrors

AM-FM with Tape Player, tilt wheel, 4 new tires. All accessories in full working order. includes never-used tire snow chains.

Paint has minor blemishes and some pine cone depressions, but when washed the paint just shines like almost new ( A factory applied coating of ??)

There is some wind noise and rattling on a bumpy road. The interior is essentially clean and intact.

It's in pretty nice shape for 118 K miles and is going to be for sale soon in the California's SF

Bay Area

So what are the questions and answers?

Guido70

So what are the questions and answers?

So far sounds normal.

I paid $1K for an 87 with NO rust last year. (in CT) I'd rather replace the driveline than do body work.

Some things to look at / check / fix:

Timing belts

Cooling system hoses

CVJ boots

Radiator fins

]

So far sounds normal.

I paid $1K for an 87 with NO rust last year. (in CT) I'd rather replace the driveline than do body work.

Some things to look at / check / fix:

Timing belts

Cooling system hoses

CVJ boots

Radiator fins

Dave, Thanks for your input. Why did you make your comment re: the driveline than do body work? As I don't recall mentioning those items.

I thought I had a water pump leak, but all of a sudden it stopped! But I don't know if it will start again. A good source ( A mechanic) said he used Bars Liquid and it stopped his leak for 6 months. Even so. with the 118K miles a timing belt (2) are due. The quotes around here all run about $700, which includes the whole shabang, due to the cost of labor just to go in again if it's not fixed completely the first time.

I've had the boots replaced several times - too bad they weren't made better to begin with. I also had a clutch replaced at about - I guess - 60K which is another concern. But I guess that's the situation with an old buggy, but it's a great car - visibility, lots of space, 4WD for skiing ( no chains!!!!), but under powered, but with patience it gets you there with good mileage.

I f you have any other comments 0 shoot them to me

Thanks, guidop70

PS Yes, I have no rust too

]Why did you make your comment re: the driveline than do body work?

Durania717 got it right. It was a partial explanation of the high price for a 19 year old car in CT.

I don't like the idea of the additive leak fix. But I am assuming that I am going to be using a car for a long time. Also, all you need is a few minutes with less than full coolant, and you're looking at headgaskets or worse.