Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Depending on how old your car is it could be unseen rust around the pinchweld that is the problem. Is it leaking at all? Have you ever gotten your window replaced when you had owned the vehicle? Do you know if the vehicle has had the window replaced prior to you owning it? That is alot of what you would expect to hear at a glass shop. I work for a glass shop, and that is me asking you. Heh. My shop uses a special sealer that I know for a fact works. I know that the silicone stuff you can get at a home repair store doesn't work. My best suggestion is to take it to a local glass shop and have them take a good look at it. I don't know the particulars in your situation, so I can't give you a more definatesolution. But good luck and keep us updated:)

Whenever it rains it leaks like crazy. It leaks above the driver side, and it if rains long enough it drips onto the seat.

When I drive after a rain, if I back up fast or make a quick turn, I can hear water sloshing inside the car somewhere.

I think it also affects the transmission somehow. After it rains its harder to move the tranmission selector lever (say from reverse to drive). It kind of sounds like a squee-gee type of noise when I move the lever.

This is why I would like to make it waterproof. My real question was, how much to body shops charge to do this? I could do it myself, but I'm sure it would look sloppy.

I know on my 03 Legacy, I had the windshield done at the same time, but it was leaking air so badly it would wistle as I drove. The gasket around the windshield cost me $90, and they had to come back 3 times before it was completly sealed and would stop wistling. They eventually ended up using the sealer to glue the gasket down to the windshield all the way around. I don't know what it would have cost for them to just seal it, but it was worth the $90 to know they would keep coming back until it quit for good.:clap:

Sorry, I can't really tell what part of the car that is from the pic. What is the white stuff? Somehthing looks amiss with it tho. If you can get some more pics, I could probably help a little better.

allenwest- The gasket you speak of, is just an exterior molding. It's just cosmetic and yea..expensive. Sometimes, when we shoot the glue, we shoot it a tad off. If it is too high, it could just touch the molding, and not adhere to the glass. That is what causes leaks most of the time. I mean..it happens. With my shop's rules tho, if we have to come back a 3rd time, we pull the old glass and put a new one in.

Sorry, I can't really tell what part of the car that is from the pic. What is the white stuff? Somehthing looks amiss with it tho. If you can get some more pics, I could probably help a little better.

Sorry. That thick white line is a rubber liner between the hood and windshield. Its actually black in color, but the camera flash made it look white. As you can see its cracked. Its like that along the entire windshield. I'll try to get better pics later.