Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my lift....

dixracing

it says in your profile you've got an '84 wagon, but the one in your avatar looks very much to be an EA82 ('85+).....:confused:

photobucket is great, but if you're only going to show the pics here, it's just as easy (if not easier) to just attach them to the thread. you'll see a button when you're posting under 'additional options' called 'manage attachments'

Hey did you build that lift, or manage to buy one? I"m looking to get a 10 inch, but it seems i may never find one, so im thinking i'll have to stack 2 4's and settle with an 8 inch. unless i can figure out how on earth to make one.....:-\

Uh, its not so much putting in lift blocks after you go above 4". Unless you are going to stay with like 28" tires or so.. You will definatly want a t-case, and for that you basically need to build a subframe..

But, i wanna see some fullsize pics of that beast:headbang: :banana:

Uh, its not so much putting in lift blocks after you go above 4". Unless you are going to stay with like 28" tires or so.. You will definatly want a t-case, and for that you basically need to build a subframe..

But, i wanna see some fullsize pics of that beast:headbang: :banana:

even if you weren't going to put in a tcase....once you get above 4-6" you really need to build a frame under the car to give it the strength it needs. otherwise you'll mangle the unibody (it's easy to do with just a 4" kit, trust me :banghead: )

no t-case ....all stock stuff,including the y pipe till it gets to the trans then its a stright pipe ...hehe....

i have new tires now ...prolly not the best but they will work ok.......it's actully really stable ....had it cattywhompus going down a loose gravelly hill.....felt good.....the wheel offset gives me bout 4" more track width

i just got it going and am not gonna wonder too far from home yet......still tough testing it........:banghead: ...taking it to tahuya in oct......

thanks for posting a pic.........

no t-case ....all stock stuff,including the y pipe till it gets to the trans then its a stright pipe ...hehe....

i have new tires now ...prolly not the best but they will work ok.......it's actully really stable ....had it cattywhompus going down a loose gravelly hill.....felt good.....the wheel offset gives me bout 4" more track width

i just got it going and am not gonna wonder too far from home yet......still tough testing it........:banghead: ...taking it to tahuya in oct......

thanks for posting a pic.........

let me kow when your heading out in oct. me and some of the kitsap guys could meet up with ya. they know tahuya like the back of there hand:headbang: !

will do......we are gonna try to get up there mid oct......so it's good and wet.....taking quads as usual.....i like the 4x4 stuff for riding my quad...so we'll be doing combo rides.....and messin' around mud lake....prolly camp at the drop off area right across the ro-ad from the 4x4 entry......thats the plan now .....:burnout: