Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cosmetic Surgery for the Brat :D

So before I tore into my wiring this weekend I had to do a little cosmetic work on the Brat, primarily the bumper had to go..... it had two loose bolts in it and was pointed towards the ground.

I wanted to pull off the valence, but once the bumper came off I realized that there was one bolt 3 pop rivets and a ton of bondo holding it on! Has to be on the top of the list for the worst mod ever.

Anyway, after a little work with a claw hammer, some steel box tubing, and a body hammer I managed to get the valence straight enough to fit the grille in without having it pop out at the bottom every two minutes. I also straightened the stainless trim on the bottom of the grille while I was at it.

I still need a new valence....grille....and hood, but it looks a ton better than it did.

Before:

050115032906.jpg

After:

050114044856.jpg

Did you have some guy in a Miata give you the thumbs up in traffic not too long ago?

That was me.

Keep up the restoration.

Jay

BTW I'll weld up that exhaust leak if you want to take the pipe off and bring it to my house.

No,I musta missed you, I did have a guy in an EA82 Wagon with pugs wave at me in traffic though.

I did have some guy in a Miata talk some junk at me couple days ago, that wasn't you was it? I may or may not have shouted some explictives out the window afterwards... if it was you, sorry.

Thanks for the offer on the exhaust, I may take you up on it soon.... it sounds good but it's way too loud, I get far too many idiots wanting to race me. I had an STI muffler I was going to put on it but I sold it recently, oh well... it's nice to be catless :D

The only EA82 wagon with Pugs on it in Roanoke is ScotTM, my brother-in-law.

I gave a thumbs-up and a big 'hell yeah" to a Brat near Hershberger rd and Williamson rd awhile back. blue miata, low to the ground.

If that was you it sounds like the Y-pipe under the engine is leaking. I've got some extra piping and a bit of time, you do the grunt work and I'll weld you up a header.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...
The only EA82 wagon with Pugs on it in Roanoke is ScotTM, my brother-in-law.

I gave a thumbs-up and a big 'hell yeah" to a Brat near Hershberger rd and Williamson rd awhile back. blue miata, low to the ground.

If that was you it sounds like the Y-pipe under the engine is leaking. I've got some extra piping and a bit of time, you do the grunt work and I'll weld you up a header.

Jay

Up for some exhaust welding this weekend? I'm getting pretty sick of it being loud, not to mention the fumes