Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
drive axle remover question
Posted 08 November 2003 - 12:25 PM
Posted 08 November 2003 - 12:33 PM
Posted 08 November 2003 - 01:41 PM
2) loosen the center nut, and get it flush with the end of the axle. Then beat it loose from the bearings.
3) seperate the lower controll arm from the spindel, and knock out the inner roll pin.
4) finish driving the axle through the bearings till it's free, and remove it from the car(U can just bend that flap of sheet metal out of the way, U will know whaen U see it;) )
5) do the axle dance and shake it all arou..............Uhhh...U might want to skip that last step:-p
Posted 08 November 2003 - 02:17 PM
Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:29 PM
Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:28 PM
Posted 09 November 2003 - 09:29 AM
Posted 09 November 2003 - 09:39 AM
Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:11 PM
Posted 09 November 2003 - 06:20 PM
Loosen the strut mounting bolts under the hood for more slack if needed.
Generous application of the BFH is permissible as long as you throw in a few expeletive deleteds.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users