Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn: Sweet82

Glenn,

Just out of curiosity, did you document how you converted your "bandit" to the four seat version. Also, you said you had trouble getting info from Rhino on an angle problem and Rh-Lh drive conversion info. I'd be interested in buying your plans/modified plans from you if you are nearing completion of your project. Reply or e-mail me at tjdrury@hotmail.com. I look forward to trying to start a tube car project sometime soon. Thanks,

Rhino 4 seater conversion..............

I modified the website pictures not the plans and built accordingly. I have no documentation on my modifications but I can tell you what they were; 4 seats, 8" lower hood, rock sliders, "V" internal roll bar support, dual rear roll bars. See the see the doctor'd pic.

For the 4 seater, I ended up lengthening the center "Cab" space frame area by 6? inches (I can get you a measurement). I felt this would give me enough foot room to put two seats in the back area. ( no seats back there yet though, looking for a samurai or CJ rear seat).

Head height will be your problem with the seats in the back end. Heads will stick up above the roll bar!:banghead:

I lowered the gas tank back to it's orignal Subaru location (still have a 71 degree angle of departure:D ) This allowed me to lower the seat height 9" but that's still not enough:cornfuzz:

I ended up putting a safari rack on top and continuing the rack into the roof line to the rear of the buggy. I call it the XTERRA look.

This gave me the head room I needed for the rear passengers. I'd call it a 2+2 rather than a true 4 seater as the back won't be First Class Seating. Hey it's a buggy!

Build one and we'll meet in Moab for some real 4WDing.

Let me know which kit your looking at,

Glenn

82 Hatch?, ......well it used to be........... :temper:

01 Forester, .........still is............:burnout: