Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Long story short: Went to Walmart today and when I went to leave my OB wouldn't start. i heard the thing turning but the engine wasn't turning over.....I opened the hood and to my delight....the top nut was gone and the bottem cast piece of the starter motoer was broken off. WTF????!!!!! Thank God for it being stick and pop starting. Took the car to the dealer today (saturday) and of course not a sole in the service dept. Talked to the used car manager and told him how PO'ed I was and that the car has only 29K on it and since they were the ones that put a new clutch in it at 20K I was going to hold them responsible. Needless to say 45 min. later I was driving a 94 2wd legacy off the used car lot for a loaner.

I swear some days..... :banghead:

Outbackless in Akron (Matt)

THIS is why I am reluctant to have a clutch tantrum at the dealer for my '03 Baja. Those guys of yours left the starter loose and the subsequent jumpin' around finally broke something. Yeah, hold them responsible! That starter shoulda lasted the life of the car. Well, nearly so.

Don't be too hard on your wife. No crime in being ignorant. There is crime in staying that way. Another thing: Ignorant can be fixed, Stupid is FOREVER!