Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pine Barrens Trail Run ***THIS SATURDAY Oct. 14th**** NY/NJ/PA/CT Northeast

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Lion diner is the first one I hit on my way down.....so that's the one.

Be there at 9AM,please

If you don't make it there then go to the ranger station and just park on the grass to the left of the entrance driveway and we'll meet there before 10:30,give folks a few minutes,then head in for an hour or so.

It helps if folks can bring lunch and just take a break in the woods.

But if you have to leave,go for it.You might have a hard time finding us after,so maybe score a map at the ranger station.

The topographical map is a little costly,like around $15,but I got one and now consider myself nearly an expert on the place.;) Just can't screw up with the topo.And I'm a map freak.:)

JSYK that other diner probably has cuter waitresses but they have a small parking lot that fills up fast,as we've noticed around breakfast and lunch.

I need to leave there to come home around 4PM the latest.

Is anyone else coming from the north?Especially CT or the NY/CT line region.It'd be nice to have a backup,just incase.:grin:

So what's our count at? 3?? :lol:

Maybe svxpert can stop by or maybe so other will chime in now that we're so organized.:burnout:

To those interested but still skeptical,it's fairly light duty sandy trails.We won't punish your car,but it'll have oportunities to "exercise" it's rite.No disasters yet in many runs made.

Just woke up so I guess we missed the meet up with Moosens to follow him down...actually Tommy isnt even awake yet so I guess this is a late..not going to make it..till we get the bike loaded and all the gear together..we wouldnt be out the door till 10 anyway.

Oh Bucky, You missed a good time, i'll place some pics soon, you'll like them, and we are planning to do another run in November before Thanksgiving, so we will do the postings away before that.

Keep you all posted for the pics

Neo

PS: hey guys i still have sand in my head/hair, lol

ha cool, yeah driving home my right front wheel was clicking like mad, but only during acceleration!!!! i stopped to see what it was but couldnt figure it out, then when i got home i went to wash the car and the brake rotor steamed like mad! the caliper had seized to the rotor, for the entire ride home!!!! guess i got some work to do...cant wait to see those pics!!!!!!:banana:

doooh dude, and i did asked you about the caliper earlier too remember? well you got some work to do, let meknow if we can be of any help

OK HERE ARE THE PICS, AND WHERE AND HOW CAN I POST A VIDEO?? I HAVE 1 VIDEO OF ME IN THE SAND PIT. LOL

http://www.thawa.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album240&page=1

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :burnout:

Cool time,great conditions,just too short! :rolleyes:

Next time,MORE time.

YOU CAUGHT ONE OF THOSE LIZARDS ??!!!!!!????!! Have to hear how,please.

We hit the Shamong Diner just up the road,went back with the clock against us so we attempted fishing for a few mintes then blew out of there.Made good time going back straight through NYC.Made the party JUST in time.

I'll have to see what we can do for November.I'm all for it,but can't confirm just yet.

Gas is CHEAP!!! in south Jersey.

Thanks again for the tug out!!

And thanks for the pictures.I never even took out my camera.:-\

My passenger rear wheel now sits noticably cambered out.Car looks well beaten,so we completed the mission.

I also have a stuck caliper,I believe,but it was most likely already bad.Car made all sorts of noises and vibrations but was smooth at 65-75+ mph going up the Pike and on the Hutchinson/Merrit pkwys.

Ended up wasting the center exhaust section on the touring wagon,but it was worth it.:lol:

My car is making more noise than any band I ever played in.:lol: :lol:

But it's holding together nicely,so far.I'm surprised it didn't take any real damage underneath except the exhaust.Well,the right rear kind of cambers out now....and the left rear is kind of squashed....and the dents on the doors and fender.....but hey,I got the plant life growing on the bumper off easily enough.

Gave it a good washing and it's back in action as a daily abuser.

I'm up and down about another run in November.I'll have to see what happens.Work is DEAD slow and I might be laid off soon.:rolleyes:

IF we do go in Nov. I'll get an earlier start,leave with fuel,and not stop three times like this past weekend.AND,I'll hopefully not have to leave PB early too.Don't forget though,it'll be light out early,but dark really so plan accordingly.

Ciao!

Looks like ya'll had some good fun. Sorry I couldn't be there, Promised Kimmi we'd go to Shocktoberfest. I'll be watching for your next run...maybe I'll bring Foxxy...maybe.

Last time I was there with Paul I caught spiders LOL why is it creatures gather when he's around? LOL