Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'96 Legacy roasts mitsu eclipse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,989 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

Just a little story to share...so I'm driving home from work today and get stopped at a light near the local high school and this kid rolls up next to me with what I think was a mitsubishi eclipse with some glass pack muffler or something on it and a wing on the back. He's clearly indicating the desire to go for it so I figure why not and punch the 96 2.2L AT legacy wagon off the line and he can't catch up. I drop off around the speed limit and he's riding along side me maybe checking out all the gauges mounted on the dash wondering how I beat him tho this legacy has nothing special. I guess in fairness I think he dropped the clutch a little too early and then he bumped his rev limiter on the 1-2 shift. But it was fun nonetheless on a friday drive home from work!

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

Teach those kids early that illegal drag racing is fun :mad:

#3 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

I predict this thread will turn into "USMB roasts streetracing legacy driver"

As long as it stay's within the speed limit, I see no problem. It must have been fun to watch the kid in the rearview mirror.

*edit* Wholly dam! Noah's fast. He musta pulled my by a good second on the response time. Followed my prediction though.

Both post times = 6:47

#4 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,989 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

Well I agree maybe it isn't the best idea but I dropped off at 50mph, there was no tire squeeling, we were within speed limits, and it's not like we were racing drop-top AMG's here. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users