Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I don't know of any technical sites but I am VERY interested in your project. I forsee one of those going into my baja someday.

If/when you do this project I would like you to document if for us. I am interested in putting it into the USRM b/c I think this is going to be a sought after option in the future. Personally I think that 3.0H6 is a great engine that has next to no maintence requirements.

Keep us informed and once again....Good Luck!

Hmmm gonna have to think this one over.

I can get a 4 cyl for 1200$ with a 6 month warranty, or a 6 cyl for 2000$ same warranty. Drop and forget replacement for the 4...

4 banger has problems... obviously, I never even got around to the headgasket issues for my year.

But new timing belt, headgaskets, and labor on it will be around 3000$ I'm suspecting. (that sound you hear is god laughing, he hates me.)

H6... Also would need the ECU, engine mounts, and the slightly stiffer springs for it. So more like 2500$ plus labor and any maint items on it. I might need the 6 cyl Radiator and Fuel pump if I go that route too.... But my engine bay was made oversized because they are the only bodys that get the H6. (Until the Tribeca disaster anyway.) Same transmission even. Subaru's second biggest engine ever, weighing in at a massive 3.0 liter.

But everything I've found about the 6 cyl labels them as 'bulletproof' There isnt even a goofy timing belt, so thats money saved down the road anyway.

Or I could do a 2.2 swap? And have a bulletproof engine, its not like Lesbaru is going to get any slower. But with the 4++ Rear end and 210 ft lbs of torque, it might actually move with the H6.

Another + For the 6, if I were to replace the engine and buy a new 6, I'd be stuck with all kinds of 'mandatory options'.

That is, dual sunroofs (lol, gimmick), leather interior, etc. I like my complete lack of options, dont even got intermittent wipers as of now.

imagine the headache if WV did emission test. do you feel lucky, do ya?? take the risk or play it safe??

I can get a 4 cyl for 1200$ with a 6 month warranty, or a 6 cyl for 2000$ same warranty. Drop and forget replacement for the 4...

4 banger has problems... obviously, I never even got around to the headgasket issues for my year.

But new timing belt, headgaskets, and labor on it will be around 3000$ I'm suspecting. (that sound you hear is god laughing, he hates me.)

H6... Also would need the ECU, engine mounts, and the slightly stiffer springs for it. So more like 2500$ plus labor and any maint items on it. I might need the 6 cyl Radiator and Fuel pump if I go that route too.... But my engine bay was made oversized because they are the only bodys that get the H6. (Until the Tribeca disaster anyway.) Same transmission even. Subaru's second biggest engine ever, weighing in at a massive 3.0 liter.

But everything I've found about the 6 cyl labels them as 'bulletproof' There isnt even a goofy timing belt, so thats money saved down the road anyway.

Or I could do a 2.2 swap? And have a bulletproof engine, its not like Lesbaru is going to get any slower. But with the 4++ Rear end and 210 ft lbs of torque, it might actually move with the H6.

Another + For the 6, if I were to replace the engine and buy a new 6, I'd be stuck with all kinds of 'mandatory options'.

That is, dual sunroofs (lol, gimmick), leather interior, etc. I like my complete lack of options, dont even got intermittent wipers as of now.

Can I ask why you label the B9 Tribeca a disaster? :)

John

So looking at my options, the big heavy rump roast 02-04 H6's look like the way I think I'm going to go.

The EZ30R H6's after 05 are lighter, and have another 40 horsepower, but thats thanks to Subaru Vtec, and its also got a throttle by wire controller. Seems like more work than its worth.

Actually, I went through the puddle two months ago.

Heres the video of when we got it running again:

http://lesbaru.com/stuff/lololol.wmv

I did full tune up when I got back, but I'm still clueless as to the exact cause.

lol, that was a good video, but maybe it was burning all the oil and there was no more oil, then it was running without oil and boom!