Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best Springs For A Short Lift

This Is My Second Subaru, An Impreza L My1998. I Really Love This Car. My Commute Takes Me Over 2 Mountaian Passes One Way,and The Weather Does Not Cooperate Every Day Even Though Im In The Sunny State Of Arizona. My Car (probably Most Subarus) doesnt Know Its Raining And Doesnt Care That Its Snowing. This Makes For A Perfect Attendance Record At Work,even When People That Live Closer Are Absent Cuz Of Bad Weather, but Enuff Gushing, you Know This Or You Wouldnt Be Here. The Thing Is, That I Have To Maintain, Read Upgrade, The Suspension System, Thanks To Subrat84 For Shipping Those Parts, (A Whiteline Fat Rear Sway Bar,and Rear Strut Tower Brace ) So Promptly And Selling Them To Me So Cheaply. Kudos To Subrat84!, So Let The Games Begin. Now My Next Step Is To Alter The Ride Height. I Want A Semi Foward Rake Of A Degree Or Two,and I Want The Rear Raised One And A Half Inches From Stock, And The Front Up One Inch. I Have Been Advised To Seek Out King Brand Springs,and There Are Always The Established Spring Companys Like Eibach, Although They Seem Focused On Lowering Cars. I Guess My Question Is, Who Out There Thinks He Knows The Way To Raise The Car A Little, And At The Same Time Upgrade The Cornering On Asphalt,without Giving Up My Ability To Go Down A Trail In The Offroad. Thats All I Want.

P.S. The Old School Rule About Swaybars Was That The Front Bar Has To Be 2 X The Diameter Of The Rear Bar, Is This Still True On The AWD Car?

Outback Springs and Struts Might be the Way to Go. Might Be Able to Get the Units from Scrapyard on the Cheap. Should Give you Roughly the Lift You Desire From Other Threads I've Read. I'm Planning to Put Them On a '96 Legacy. I'd Love to Get King Springs But Shipping From Australia If Can Find Somewhere to do it Would be $$$$.