Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Still kind of worried,, very very worried.

Ok, well as most of u know i have fixed my harmonic pulley, but something is frustrating me, it wobbles, like it doesnt spin perfectly straight, but the bolt is tight, and the key is lined up. But without the belts on it, it spins without any like movement like <<<>><><><><><><><><. Can someone please go outside and look at there 2.2l and tell me if the harmonic pulley moves around a little( main pulley that turns powersteering, alternator, and a/c). Thanks, its not loose the bolt, but the dam thing is like it can get it to budge, but when i move it with the wrench in the bolt and it spins it slowly, its not boucing up and down, near the timing case. Is this because the rubber causes a bit of play, or flew should i say. Thank you, its just been bothering me.

its a brand new pulley, and theres a new key, but before I installed the belts, there was pretty much no movement, but with the belts on, it moves a tiny tiny bit, but when I spin it with the wwrench it does move between the timing case. what should I do.

If you shake the pulley with your hands can you get it to wobble it all? Were the threads for the bolt in the crankshaft clean and did you put a little oil on the crankshaft bolt threads first?

Yes the threads were clean, and i put blue locktite on the threads, and the bolt is super super tight, and no it doesnt wobble when i pull on it. SHould i just leave it, could it just be something else. I have always seen it like that though, even years back, it always shook the same way. Think i should just leave it.

Sounds like it's just not true with the crankshaft. If it's always been that way then maybe the very end of the crank snout is a little off thus resulting in the crank pulley not seating perfectly squarely. Couldn't find any specs off hand for runout.

What should i do? Leave it? It just bothers me a little though, thats all, but like it said, i used to see it shake like the same way for........ a long time.