Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a few mud pics...

mcbrat

Looks great! Did you go through any low hanging trees?Noticed the lights on your rollbar are a little off kilter.:)

yeah, lots of branches :)

I washed off the top layer of mud last night in my front yard, but it needs a serious session with a high pressure sprayer.

the tire size was actually pretty decent. I figured I'd lose more oomph with the 30s but I guess the engine and IGN mods are doing their jobs correctly....

though I rubbed a lot in the rear. rubbed front, back, and top of the wheel well :) and since I don't want to cut, when I do get new MTs I'll get some 29s....

the tread (All-Terrain) pretty much sucked. if it had been a normal dry weekend, they would've been fine. with the stickey gooey mess, I was on slicks the whole time. I found a lot of ruts to slide into :)

having the welded rear diff help out the tread situation too....

well, at least until the diff blew :) on a hill climb. the rear started to bounce, and !CRACK! no more power to the left rear...

I'm not sure yet what gave out. I still drove it out of the woods, just no power to that side. axle is intact, so it's either the welds, or the axle stub sheared off cleanly (doubtful)...

I didn't pay much attention to how it was welded. it was done by a guy in WA who used to be on the board. (I bought it welded already)

what part gave out? how was it welded

Holy sheeeit.......what kind of gearbox does this guy have??! I thought I had OK low end for a Subaru, but this crawler's gearing is off the charts.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/401ton/Castana%202006/?action=view&current=2006_0924Castana0021.flv&refPage=20&imgAnch=imgAnch27

--E

that rig used to be a full size Chevy truck. after the cab was smashed beyond repair, he tubed it out. not sure what he's running for a t-case...

Chef Tim and I were the only soobs there...

....not sure what he's running for a t-case...

Chef Tim and I were the only soobs there...

You've got some guts following those monsters around! You know, I passed through Des Moines just a couple weeks ago coming back home from working in Minnesota. Would've been cool to see your rig, and you could've seen mine. I saw ElCaminoKurt's rig that morning. My favorite thing about subes is how light they are compared to regular offroad rigs.

--E