Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transverse link bushing???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,719 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:49 PM

Hey there all:

Quick question...can the bushing on the transverse link of the front suspension, (the link to the crossmember), be replaced easily? I've never done it, but I think I have a bad one. I have a duplicate part to look at , but the bushing does not push out. Is it pressed in? Can this be done on the car, or do I have to pull the thing off ?

Thanks for the feedback, Todd

#2 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,860 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

You are talking about the bushing in the control arm, where it bolts to the crossmember right? Its is for the most part, a pressed fit, but however, with age and the years on it, it'll be stuck, bottom line. Easiest way to get it out, is to heat it up with the torch and pound the living crap out of it. I've replaced them by burning them out, which was a lot messier but required less work.

You will have to do it off the car because of how stuck they tend to get. Better have a vise handy or an extra set of hands!

#3 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,719 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:02 PM

yea, I have a squeak in that bushing, I'm sure it's worn out. (metal to metal)

Well, I have the replacement bushings, guess, I'll tackle it!

#4 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

Just like most other bushings, you'll probably have to have a shop or use a hydraulic press to get it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users