Ultimate Subaru Message Board

74 FE coupe price

I recently sold my old SUBARU. I miss it. But there is an what looks like an early gen 1 2 door. It is 2 wheel drive, 1400? but I want to convert it to a 4wd d/r 1800 CIS injected beast. Anyways, The car looks like it has been sitting for quite a few years in the driveway of a house near me. It has 4 flat tires and is sitting next to an equally delapatated late 70's BMW. I just want to get an idea of what you all would offer the homeowner for the car. Thanks, Jake

Also, Would a 1980 hatchback driveshaft be the right length?

i don't think they made than body style in 4wd so you'ld be lookin at quite a project. there wouldn't be a tunnel for the driveshaft, so you might need to lift it. the driveshaft from a hatch might work as those cars are about the same length, but you would be blazing your own trail either way.

did you own an FE? i have been looking at a '79 and have questions about it. the guy is asking $2500, but the body and paint are extra nice and it has something special under the hood.

good luck.

oh to answer the question, offer him $100 and see if he laughs

Been sitting for years?Offer to take it for free after the "I see it's been sitting here forever it seems"line.If they say no then ask what it would take and let them know that you can't get parts for it and that it'd be a novelty project for you.

As for the $2500 one,that better have something serious under the hood for that price.I did sell my '77 sedan to a guy in Sweden for $2003.It had 37k and a museum quality interior.

Go in LOW,as in "I'm doing you a favor".....but I also know that they pay more for scrap out your way so you may have to compete against what a yard will pay them.

Good luck