Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear diff mount

Does anybody carry these any more? Just took a look under my Hatch, and the bushing's gone, flange hitting the underbody and all.

How about alternatives, like leaf spring bushings? Or maybe fill it in with RTV, or even make a solid aluminum mount? I don't care if it winds up being pretty solid, the car isn't exactly a luxury ride.

i was going to replace it with one out of a late model outback/liberty then make up a bracket to mount it to the torsion bar housing. i had drawn up plans but shelved them when my old brat got stolen. Rwd plays havoc on that mount.

ps we are talking about the front mount on thr rear diff arnt we?

That's interesting. I have never had a problem with that mount. It's always been the others.

My brother used blue RTV on the 3 engine mount in the Mazda 626 turbo. They were cracking and there was more then healthy shaking under the hood. After the RTV it got better. Don't know how long it would last as the 626 blow it's second gearbox (rare things to find) and got wrecked.

i had a bad one and every time yo'ud shift or hit the gas you'd here it torque and whomp the underbody. guy that bought the car from me fixed it. i priced the bushings for him, they were available for $60 or $80 online. you end up buying the entire assembly, the 4 bolts that slide through and hold the diff to a plate which is all one piece with the bushing.

i got lucky and one of the XT6's i picked up had a brand new on in it, so that went in my daily driver.