Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru demolition derby

Don't take any criticism's too hard

nah, i don't. no need to, it's my car and i've had a blast with it:D

Are you alowed to use 4x4 in the derby? A lot of them ban that.

unfortunately, no. you can still use the low range though, which is a big help to the weak ea82. you can however decide which set of drive wheels you want to use (front or rear), and switch to the opposite set in the event of some sort of failure (cv, etc.).

n this neck of the woods, i've known people who have spent up-wards of $6000.00 for the engine in a demolation car. Really. Built by racing engine builders. They eventually move the engine to the next body.

yep, quite true. i don't know that anyone in this area spends quite that much, but there are definitely some cars that have a few grand invested.

Determining the beating that thing took from the photos, the "rusted" subframes are in better shape than what I fix here to go down the road for my daily errands (j/k -really. I don't cheat inspections with a fancy outer appearance). I agree with loyale2.7turbo.

where is that dual range tranny headed when your done beating the lucky soob that had one, someday to be a collectors item? :confused:

I am glad you have fun- couldn't you use an old delta 88 or some other relic that won't ever be a classic because it is truly broken in the frame rails?

The sight of that car reminded me of what a friend and I did to an old IH Scout with a v8 now worth who-knows-what. Don't scrap everything, there is some good stuff for us junk people :) . Upon rebuilding an old sube, I realized what I let go of as no good, and I am truly mistaken.

Determining the beating that thing took from the photos, the "rusted" subframes are in better shape than what I fix here to go down the road for my daily errands

like i said, i was extremely surprised at how well it held up. the cancer in it isn't terrible, but it's taking a toll in a couple of critical areas for safe road use.

where is that dual range tranny headed when your done beating the lucky soob that had one

what's left that's in any way useable will be parted out off the car. or, i may just sell the whole thing. parting out vehicles can be a pain. in any event, the parts or the whole car will be cheap to help those of you along that still have ones in good shape.

couldn't you use an old delta 88 or some other relic that won't ever be a classic

we also ran a large buick wagon and a pinto wagon. out of the three, the pinto is the only one that MIGHT ever have the potential to be some sort of collectors item.

an 86 subaru wagon will never be anything special in terms of monetary value and will only hold any other sort of value to a select few. sure, there's always going to be groups like this that love them but that can be said for 100's of other vehicles that are in the same boat.

The sight of that car reminded me of what a friend and I did to an old IH Scout with a v8 now worth who-knows-what

even a full restored scout II with the 345 isn't going to bring anything more than 5-8k at the most. the cost of a restoration to bring that sort of money would far exceed that.

if you ever cross the border next season, i'll take ya on in a celebrity wagon

haha, sounds good. those do pretty well. one took 2nd place here this year. you can get them to sit TALL in the rear...