Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Inclinometers for your soob (pics added below)

mcbrat

I have 2 available. one with a gray housing, one with a brown housing. can bolt to dash if needed. will rewire to have just one positive and 1 ground wire for lighting hookup... or can leave as is...

adjustable levels so can be mounted in different angles/locations... I have one mounted oof my rearview mirror. (had to remove the housing cover)

each is missing a small knob, but I will try to find a replacement...

scale only goes to 30 degrees. if you run with the hatch patrol, it's not enough :D

they look really cool when lit up. mine comes on with my interior lights/headlights.

Came off 4wd Toyota Tercels

$30 each. includes shipping.

Oh what silly fun gadgets these are! Like we really need to know how tilted the car is? But hey for the car with gobs of gadgets these things rock. Now what we really need is an aircraft gyro so we know for sure that we've finally rolled the damn thing! "Yup honey, look at the guage...we're upside down."

On Gen2 cars/brats the tilt-o-meter fits pretty good on the passenger side of the dash. I'm thinking of cutting into my dash a bit to mount it there. They also fit down on the parcel shelf but you can't see it there. Mick, do you have any photos of it mounted to the mirror?

Hey mick, have you mounted one of these to your sube?? I have one of these in my garage waiting to go into the wagon... just need to find a place in the wagon that i can mount it, and keep it true.

If you have any pix of them mounted, that'd be great too. Ive been toying with idea's, but short on time lately.

-Brian

I've got one in my Rockcrawling Toyota pickup. I took it apart and cut off the limiters so it can go past 30 degrees, as often happens on the trails. No real use, just for fun for me.

I also already had a 4wd indicator light, so I used a 2 1/16" hole saw and cut a hole in the plexiglass and clearanced the plastic behind it and mounted an oil tem gauge in there.

Just FYI, if anyone wants to know another source for these. Check out 88-89 Mitsu Monteros/Dodge Raider. The horizontal and vertical meters are on the same meter thing. Additionally, they have a built in oil pressure gauge and a battery voltage meter....I noticed the Tercels don't have that setup.

Kevin :-)

Thats Exactly What i was Gonna Mention about the Montero's/Raiders, I Think im gonna Pull the Pod out of a Raider at the yard and see if i could mount that in my wagon, i think they have a few raiders at the junk yard here, ill take a look later on when im there today.

are those "guages" of the mechanical or electircal type?

if they are of the electrical variety then I'd think getting the detector outta the engine is a wise idea too... that way you can figure out the electrical resistance for the messuring device and where / how you'd install it in your ride.