Ultimate Subaru Message Board

holy shiznit batman, i might be getting my gen-1!

I've been eying this black 77 wagon for almost 3 months now. The guy who drives it works at a construction site right next to me and I always wanted to ask him if it was for sale but didn't want to wander onto the work area. 2 days ago they got to where they were parking their cars right next to the road and I got to talk to him. He paid $700 3.5 years ago, and he's getting a new car. I'm waiting for him to call me and I'll offer him 500. Looks just like this one but black, only has 1 dent in the drivers door I noticed. w00T for me!!!!!!1

128Connie_s_Party_019.jpg

Hi Everybody This is Jerry, if you look at the wagon the white front bumper well there is 2 of them in the wrecking yard clost to my house. If you look in the for sale market place you will see gen 1 brat stuff. Somebody get this stuff before it gets crushed. Thanks Jerry

Hi everybody!

Yeah,that's my '78.thanks Jerry for posting those nice finds you came across!!

That winch in front has been redone and I should have shown it off by now.:lol: It's now yellow,like the original winch that was on it untill a couple days before I got the car.

Good luck with the new purchase!!

Plenty of help for you,and some parts too.

I used to take mine to construction sites for awhile.Gets respect there.Fully functional vintage money maker.:-p

Hi everybody!

Yeah,that's my '78.thanks Jerry for posting those nice finds you came across!!

That winch in front has been redone and I should have shown it off by now.:lol: It's now yellow,like the original winch that was on it untill a couple days before I got the car.

Good luck with the new purchase!!

Plenty of help for you,and some parts too.

I used to take mine to construction sites for awhile.Gets respect there.Fully functional vintage money maker.:-p

That's funny when I was looking for a gen-1 pic your name came first to mind.

Yup, that's my wagon too. It's been buffed out a bit since then as well...in the photos, from the left are me, subeman90, Hocrest, and the right rear taillight of subeman90's '05 OBS before he got rid of it.

Also, grille-mounted turn signals started in either '74 or '75, I think.