Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Front Diff drain Plug Size?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:16 PM

I'm kinda doing this for the search engine on here...
What size socket or type of tool do I need to pull the drain plug on the front differential of an auto transmission (AT) ???
I searched a whole bunch and found: Some are 21mm, Some are 22mm, and the new stuff is a Torx. The ONLY thing I could find about it said T70 INTERNAL Torx. Is this correct?
Does the 21/22 differ between MY or is it like a Legacy/Impreza thing?

The car I am specifically trying to find out about is a '99 Legacy L with a 2.2. It is definately a Torx. Internal means it goes into the bolt instead of around the bolt like a normal socket? If yes, then it is Internal. Is T70 the right size? Thanks!
-Eli-

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 5,017 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:41 AM

It's likely T70, I found it in this post. I think I just solved my search engine woes, but that's for a different post.

#3 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

Duh.. I remember that thread now.. I wonder why I couldn't find it in the search engine. I like your idea about the "similar threads" ... when I'm not retarded I do that! :banana:

#4 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 5,017 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:41 PM

Well when I first searched for torx, I didn't find that thread, at least not near the top of the list. After I did an advanced search and sorted by relevancy instead of showing most recent posts first it was right near the top. To find that T70 bit might also try searching online for a T70 'torque' bit as I have seen in ads where they put 'torque' instead of Torx. Looks like Lisle makes one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users