Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front Diff drain Plug Size?

I'm kinda doing this for the search engine on here...

What size socket or type of tool do I need to pull the drain plug on the front differential of an auto transmission (AT) ???

I searched a whole bunch and found: Some are 21mm, Some are 22mm, and the new stuff is a Torx. The ONLY thing I could find about it said T70 INTERNAL Torx. Is this correct?

Does the 21/22 differ between MY or is it like a Legacy/Impreza thing?

The car I am specifically trying to find out about is a '99 Legacy L with a 2.2. It is definately a Torx. Internal means it goes into the bolt instead of around the bolt like a normal socket? If yes, then it is Internal. Is T70 the right size? Thanks!

-Eli-

Well when I first searched for torx, I didn't find that thread, at least not near the top of the list. After I did an advanced search and sorted by relevancy instead of showing most recent posts first it was right near the top. To find that T70 bit might also try searching online for a T70 'torque' bit as I have seen in ads where they put 'torque' instead of Torx. Looks like Lisle makes one.