Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1stsubaruparts.com/Mike Scarff Subaru of Auburn

Snowman

I'll start off by saying that I don't recommend ordering from their website itself. Instead, call the phone number and ask for Jason in parts. I dealt with somebody else there once, and I never will again. Just tell him that you were looking at their website and wanted to call to make sure that the order was done correctly, and you'll get the same discounted prices. Another tip is to make sure you have the VIN of your car, as the Subaru parts catalog often requires it. Most of the time, he's pretty good at getting the right stuff without the VIN, but it never hurts.

I've ordered somewhere between $4000 and $5000 of parts from them in the last three years. The prices are generally very good, they ship stuff as soon as possible (I've had to wait for some parts that they ordered from elsewhere, but that's usually pretty fast too), and I have yet to get a wrong part. Also, Jason is very knowledgable, and he'll make sure that you get all the stuff you need for a job (i.e., if you order cam seals, he'll ask if you need the O-rings too).

Overall, my experience has been very positive and I would recommend them to anyone.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I also agree. I've dealt with Jason many times and have got excellent service.

It helps when you only live about 13mi away too:brow:

its funny to read this thread,ive being dealing with these guys for a couple of years.my cousin works for our local subaru dealership in california.i often give him a hard time that i have to order my parts from hundreds of miles away to get decent prices and good service.i wonder if jason knows he's almost famous! ive had to have parts ordered from japan,and theyve always being professional and helpful!!

• 5 months later...

jason is very good at parts knowledge. I order from him alot, have for the 4-5 years i have had my subies. he can find even the little parts no one else would even know how to find, he can find them in the books or whatever they use....and then get the parts to my door via quick shipping...yay

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I called them today to place and order and asked for Jason in parts. The person on the phone said they didn't have a Jason in parts, but there was a Jason in the service department.

So do you think that's still the same guy? And can he still look up parts even though he's in a different dept.?

I called them today to place and order and asked for Jason in parts. The person on the phone said they didn't have a Jason in parts, but there was a Jason in the service department.

So do you think that's still the same guy? And can he still look up parts even though he's in a different dept.?

I havent been there in about 6mo, so maybe Jason has moved on or to another Dept?

And seeing how I have CRS atm, I cant remember the name of the other guy in Parts.

But I wouldnt hesitate in ordering parts there, they have all the old books and know how to read them.

I sure hope so, because the guy I talked with this morning gave me information that conflicted with what I have been told from the local dealer and here on the forum... (link). I do plan on ordering from them because their prices are good, but I'm still figuring out the details...

• 4 months later...

I too have ordered from Jason. He can get parts that aren't even in the system anymore. They have the old parts books that most dealerships have thrown out and therefore can look stuff up and then do a part number search across all the dealerships in the country. Even if the factory parts houses don't have the parts he still finds em. Jason is a gold mine in the Subaru Corporation!!!

• 10 months later...

I will agree with everyone here I've ordered quite a fair amount of parts from Mike Scarff have dealt with Adam there he's been very helpfull getting me everything I need. I was even looking at their e-parts online and got the sale price even though I went in to order. Worked great:grin: