Ultimate Subaru Message Board

185/80/R13 - Scrape-ing?

Karl

So, I finally got my dream car (until I can afford to have two, then it'll be the Brat!) an '87 Gl with 165,000, for a steal. Anyway, it's time for some new tread (amongst other things) and I'm trying to decide on what kind of rubber to put on her. What I'm wondering is, if 185/80/R13's scrape against the wheel at all?

muchas danke's

-Dok

sorry, hit return and that posted!

she's a dual range 4wd, 5 spd

thanks for the welcome! after about 5 years of getting around by bicycle (including from Bellingham to Mt St. Helens), I've spent the past year and a half researching what kind of vehicle I was going to get, and what I was going to do to it. The Subaru was the clear winner, and just the model I was looking for fell into my lap! I've been to the Hatch Patrol website several times, I may take you up on the offer...

thanks again,

-Dok

hmmm.... the bigger tires made it sluggish? that's a good point i hadn't considered, kind of like the opposite of putting alloys on, isn't it? it would increase the rolling resistance.

I'm still trying to find the proper balance for mostly city driving, but with some off-roading...

thanks again everybody!

-Dok

Ive got 185/80/13's on my brat and they look good, its a little slow but nothing serious. I went wheelin in the rockies during elk season and it wheeled around alot of junk with out rubbing. It also hauled out a 500 lb elk whole. I drove thruogh 3' high sage and shale rocks til I was right next to it!!:headbang: This is a great hunting rig. but now I'm having clutch issues again:banghead: