Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brakes (rotors and pads) for my RX

I will be doing the Brakes on my 89 RX soon and I was wondering If people had any particular fancy regarding the rotors and pads.

I know you get what you pay for but I was planing on getting the beck arnley rotors through autozone(only ones they have availible) unless someone has a reason to go a diffrent route.

Are rotors still availible through subaru? is it worth the cost? Any other aftermarket options out there?

I would like to upgrade to xt6 bits and pieces but I havent found one yet!

Thanks, Sam

well I would go with some more expensive rotors. Subaru probably has a few in stock BUT they're going to be a bit on the pricy side:eek: Then, what I usually have done, is get the cheaper brake pads. They tend to wear out instead of your brand new rotors. Lifetime warranty pads = baaad. I saw a Jetta that was getting its first brake job a few years ago (car was a '98) and it came from the factory with lifetime warranty pads, and the pads looked brand new, the rotors on the other hand had huge grooves in them, the size of the pads.

On my 5-lug conversion, I couldn't find an XT6 local to me so I had all the parts I needed from an XT6 shipped to me. Cost roughly $200 for those parts. Then about $500 more for the Impreza stuff.