Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

AC Drier part of AC Condenser fix?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JPikler_*

Guest_JPikler_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:07 AM

I have a 96 Legacy that has a condenser leak (it's had the leak for a long time). I'm finally getting around to having it fixed since I'll be moving to a place where a good AC is pretty crucial to enjoyable driving.

I've taken my car to two shops and they disagree about the need to replace the AC drier along with the condenser. The Subaru dealer shop says I don't need to (the guy told me that they rarely do that); an independent shop said that I should.

Since I don't know anything about the issue, I was hoping to hear what other people have to say about the issue.

Thank you!

#2 Guest_theotherskip_*

Guest_theotherskip_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:22 PM

as i remember, the driers have a dessicant pack in them, which absorb moisture from the refridgerant. usually it is recommended to change this if the system has been open to the atmosphere for a long time (as the dessicant will become saturated). if it is not too expensive, it is probably worth changing...

#3 Guest_JPikler_*

Guest_JPikler_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:10 PM

I appreciate your response. I'll look into getting the drier replaced along with the condenser.

#4 Guest_Legacy777_*

Guest_Legacy777_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:37 AM

I'd change it. I just recently converted my a/c system, and the cost of an aftermarket drier is not that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users