Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 Turbo Legacy Sedan Turn Signal Help

I have a 93 Turbo Legacy Sedan that the turn signal fuse blows as soon as the key is turn on (top aft fuse on the drivers kick panel). Funny thing, the emergency flashers work just fine.

I need the FSM wiring, as the Michell's and Chiltons I have seem to be wrong.

I've disconnected the turn siganl switch - fuse still blows

I've disconnected the Emergency Flasher Switch - fuse still blows

The only way I've been able to get it to stop is to disconnect the connector coming off the fuse block, top aft.

If you have any thoughts, please send the advice and or wiring diagram. Thanks, Larry Lmdew@hotmail.com

I found the correct wire for the signals, bottom aft connector on the kick panel fuse box top aft wire. If I power it from another fuse the signals work fine.

By taking apart another fuse box, I found two other wires coming off that CB. Now I just have to figure out what the go to. Thanks for the suggestion. Larry

Strange, I pulled the other two wires and put the turn signal wire back in its connector. The fuse blew with only the turn signals. I pulled the turn signal wire and jumped pulled power from the another 15A CB and it works fine.

I watch it and see what happens.

In your first post you stated that the turn signal fuse blew by just turning on the ignition, without moving the signal switch to either position. In post #5 you stated that the fuse blew with just the power lead to the turn signal line tied to the fuse and then powered it from another fuse location to power it and it worked ok. To me it sounds like the problem is real close to the fused power lead and you may have cleared the fault somehow by moving the lead to the other location. Have you tried putting the lead back to the original location to see if it works ok now? Since it works on the other fuse it seems things would have to be ok with that circuit. There may be another circuit that you are missing that really is causing the trouble.

It would be interesting to know what circuit was pulling that much current. Since the turn signal circuit is not on it shouldn't be pulling any current. Even with it on I would guess that it should pull no more than around 5-8 amps. If it is the turn signal circuit pulling the current then something must be tied on to it down the line. Does this vehicle have wiring installed for towing something?