Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oregon Rally group meeting. (rules)

I won't be able to attend but thought I'd put it out there for those who can.

Rules meeting

They will have a small general meeting at the beginning but as all business for the year will have concluded they have decided to look at the rules for class and such.

This will be the meeting where they decide what additional regional type additions to the SCCA rally rules. It would be a good time to have people show up and make a stand for the older Subaru's.

Names that come to mind are

Jason

Mike

John

Mark

Luke

Ed had said that he wanted to attend but his personal life may take precidence this time.

Others have shown interest in the sport can also show. You do not have to be an actual member to attend either.

I don't know about how much "weight" I carry, but I'd like to be involved. Indirectly (and with others on the Board) I think we can account for an increase of about 20 cars in the rallycross series so I feel we should be involved. Maybe we can have a quick getogether this weekend to discuss some issues (if any) or if anyone has some thoughts, post them here and I'll bring them up. One issue that is bound to come up is moving the GL wagons (4WD versions) into truck/suv class from Production--already a done deal as far as I'm concerned. Sad that we've driven the Jeeps out of the class by our domination of the class. I'm not worried about the Durango's since they're not competitive unless the course is dry and fast.

I think that the older subaru racers should push for there own class. i havent done any rally x yet but. i am an scca member on the road racing side of the oregon regon. they treat my class small about 8-10 cars total as good as a gt class with 30+ entrys a weekend. another non scca santion that i am with decided that there were not enugh open wheel cars at the races to have 2 diffrent groups out on track at a time decided to put all of the open wheel cars out there at one time showing that they werent intrested in us. i think that if we get enugh people togeather here we can have out own class out there. hope to rally soon

Dave:wave:

Anybody besides edrach going to get to the rules meeting? (deduced from another thread)

I'm trying to get John(Mudrat) to go up with me from Eugene, if I go there will be ~two extra seats in my wagon, we will be returning to Eugene wends(tomorrow night) probably 10 or 11ish

decent directions are on the oregon rally group website, the location is new as of today, 11/18

just post again, or email me,

-Nels