Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

piggy back chips.. do they work??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FlyStyle_*

Guest_FlyStyle_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:22 AM

I dont know if this post came up before but the search doesnt work so here i go...

at this site.. IWTU, www.iwtu.net/products.html

there is a chip that is suppose to give more torque etc, but i just wanted to know if any board members have anything to say about this $250+ item and the actual benefits.

thanks
ali

#2 Guest_synapse79_*

Guest_synapse79_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2003 - 02:08 PM

Ive been looking into piggy-back ecus as well. I was looking at buying one last summer, somwhere i have a link to a page that sells two different ones. I'll dig up the link when i get a chance, at work right now. One of the ECUs used spade connectors so it could be plugged in and removed easier.

They are suppose to add a little horsepower by changing the air/fuel curves around and the ones i was looking at got rid of an acceleration limiter and the top speed limiter at 109mph.

Has anybody had experience with these?

#3 Guest_Legacy777_*

Guest_Legacy777_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:36 AM

I've got the torque 2 chip. I've had mixed results. I've had the chip in and out. The first time I had it in, car didn't run good, but that was my fault, a wire got loose. I put it back in, it ran better, but I got horrible gas mileage, and performance seemed worse. I've recently taken chip out, and the car is much happier, (peakier). The spark plugs were sooted up, so it was getting too much fuel. I have some other issues i'm trying to work out, so I'm not sure if the chip compounded those problems, or possibly not letting the chip reach its full potentional, but for right now, the car runs better with it out.

I personally know Al, the designer/builder of the chips and he's a good guy. Other people have said the chips make a difference, and I do think they do. I think some cars, ie older ECU's may not respond the same as the newer ECU's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users