Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can the jumper work on manual trannys.

A manual tranny is mechanicaly controlled, how can a electric device overide it.

A auto tranny is electronically controlled hence the reason the electrical jumper can override the center diif/clutch pack

I really don't think the jumper works on your manual car. I know on mine I dont even have a place for the fuse to go in.

biggest problem is that the all the halfshafts and drivelines are designed to accommodate a small portion of the engine power. converting to rwd you would probably want new axles that can handle the power of the engine. modify the engine any and you would need these. besides, why? rwd trucks are pointless.

and i remember reading that scc article. and iirc, they needed to do the above (it was in one of those box thingys). one of the japanese drift squads runs rwd wrxes, but they use skyline rear diffs and beefier axles too.

But the axles aren't receiving any more torque or load, the physics of them are not changing

Actually they'd be recieving about twice as much. The center diff and viscous coupling can only transfer half the power to the rear.

What most people do is get something like a welded center diff and take out the front axles. There is a company somewhere that sells some other part you need.

I have a 2006 Baja stick and want to change it to RWD. Any ideas?

Its not impossible, but not recomended (and i am not going to say how either).

The vehical is not designed for RWD as far as balance, the ABS and depending what level of awd you have.

You will void your warrenty

Your better off just selling it or trading it in for a RWD pickup truck.

And why?

nipper