Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

honda accord springs KICK @SS!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:26 PM

cleanin up around the shop today and decided to haul off all the burned up tranny's layin around. I was amazed at what my car will haul with the accord front springs in the rear. 1035 pounds in the back, suspension dropped about 2 inches. Probably coulda fit another 400 in there, but decided half a ton was enough weight.

I highly recommend doing the spring upgrade.

#2 LUVMYBRAT

LUVMYBRAT

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Laramie

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:40 PM

these fit on the ea82 rear coilovers right? so doing the rear coilover swap with accord springs to an ea81 would be good?

#3 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

cleanin up around the shop today and decided to haul off all the burned up tranny's layin around. I was amazed at what my car will haul with the accord front springs in the rear. 1035 pounds in the back, suspension dropped about 2 inches. Probably coulda fit another 400 in there, but decided half a ton was enough weight.

I highly recommend doing the spring upgrade.

Yeah, it's just like putting overload springs on a pickup. Mine used to sag like crazy with even a small load, but after the Accord springs, I could haul all kinds of crap back there and not even notice. :banana:

#4 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

Maybe its just me then, but with the accord springs in the back of my wagon, my wagon was draggin @$$.

Oh well, its fine empty. :banana:

#5 daeron

daeron

Cunning Linguist

• Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • West Palm Beach

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:55 AM

Maybe its just me then, but with the accord springs in the back of my wagon, my wagon was draggin @$$.

Oh well, its fine empty. :banana:

did you see the car the springs came from? check the odo? could be less than perfect springs?

my mouth is open, in case i have to stick my foot in again... but I read your comment and wondered if maybe your springs had been subjected to some extreme wear..

now that ive posted about it, i bet you went and just bought new stock springs and I just look like a donkey again. :lol:

#6 dragonfire

dragonfire

drive it like U stole it!

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • jacksonville

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

what years for the honda accord front springs anyone know? to do the swap?:confused:

#7 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:27 PM

will they work on my loyale?

#8 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:30 PM

86-89 Honda accord front springs. They should work on any EA82 body 84-94. Not positive how they'd affect a sedan or a FWD car, as the stock springs are different on those.

#9 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:15 AM

86-89 Honda accord front springs. They should work on any EA82 body 84-94. Not positive how they'd affect a sedan or a FWD car, as the stock springs are different on those.

springs are identical on a FWD loyale (at least were on mine....). but the lower perch is about an inch higher on the 4WD model.

#10 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

as for the 86-89, I think it actually goes 85-90. Mine may have been off a 90, or I saw a 90 at the yard that had the same springs on it. I got mine off a car with a manual tranny and no air conditioning. I'd hate to see how stiff the automatic with AC springs would be.

Best bet for mating the springs and struts is goto napa and buy a new set of sensatrac struts they are like 35 bucks a piece. well worth it because the peice of all-thread that the holds the top cap on, is VERY small on EA82 struts and I wouldnt take the chance of the threads stripping when you let off the spring compressor.

#11 Snowman

Snowman

Midnight Passenger

• Members
  • 3,538 posts
  • Haines

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:23 PM

as for the 86-89, I think it actually goes 85-90. Mine may have been off a 90, or I saw a 90 at the yard that had the same springs on it. I got mine off a car with a manual tranny and no air conditioning. I'd hate to see how stiff the automatic with AC springs would be.

Mine were from an automatic with A/C, and they were pretty stiff. It was kinda rough going over big bumps at low speed, but man that thing could take frost heaves on the highway!

#12 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:13 AM

hell yea, it makes frost heaves AWESOME. like a roller coaster. Now just if I could find a little longer travel strut and it'd be ready for some jumping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users