Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pick and Pull / Dallas TX

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,719 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:13 PM

Hey TX guys:

Was at Pick and Pull Dallas (loop 12) and found a beautiful 93 Loyale with 70K on it. The engine looks perfect and still has that new "shine" to it! It's intact! Great interior, (Gray) I think it's burgundy in color. It's a 4 door.

There are also numerous decent Legacys from 90-94, one 95 AWD wagon, one 83 wagon, 4 or 5 Imprezas. (Mostly 1.8/FWD). 1 or 2 Turbo Loyale wagons 4WDs and a few other decent Loyales.

Todd

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the tip.

I though I had accquired and stripped/crushed every EA82T in north TX :-p

#3 gbrand

gbrand

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • fort worth area

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:06 PM

Good to know, fortunately I don't need any parts now for my sube or anything else....(knock on compressed HS)

Thanks for the tip.....

#4 Zrebmun

Zrebmun

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Grand Prairie

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:11 PM

Sorry in advance for the noob question. But I have been calling all the salvage places I could find. I have an 86 brat, and need some parts. I dont know what else would be compatable with my brat. Any help would be graet.

#5 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,617 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:36 PM

Depends on what your looking for. Your brat is an EA81 car. You could find parts on
82-84 sedans
82-89 hatchs
82-84 coupes
and of course 82-87 brats

I think thats correct. If not some other board member will chim in.

#6 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,719 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

Well, there is a 80s wagon at that pick and pull. It will have some stuff for you.

You can use many parts from 1980-1985 cars, wagons and sedans. The BRAT you have is from 1982-1987. (Gen 2) Gen 1 was 77-81 and very few parts interchange between generations, with the exception of some small mechanical parts.

Feel free to email or call me. I always like helping the few local guys here!

Todd

#7 calebz

calebz

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:12 AM

Sorry in advance for the noob question. But I have been calling all the salvage places I could find. I have an 86 brat, and need some parts. I dont know what else would be compatable with my brat. Any help would be graet.

Whatcha need?

#8 PonchoCatalina

PonchoCatalina

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • College Station

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

I don't know if they'll have anything you're looking for, but I just picked up a dual-range five speed from these folks for $75 (already pulled and on the shelf). The tranny came out of an '87 wagon, so they may have other mid-eighties Subaru stuff. The yard is in Fort Worth.

Check out:
http://www.actionautorecycling.com/

#9 Zrebmun

Zrebmun

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Grand Prairie

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:27 PM

Mostly I need cosmetic stuff right now. I am missing the pasenger side handle for the window. And I need the parts that fit around the gear shift. I bought it needing a clutch kit put in. I am getting that this week. The guy who had it started on the swap, but only took the stuff loose around the shifter. I also need the ever elusive tailgate crome.

#10 calebz

calebz

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:35 PM

Mostly I need cosmetic stuff right now. I am missing the pasenger side handle for the window. And I need the parts that fit around the gear shift. I bought it needing a clutch kit put in. I am getting that this week. The guy who had it started on the swap, but only took the stuff loose around the shifter. I also need the ever elusive tailgate crome.

Short of the tailgate chrome, I may know someone in Denton that can help. He's on the boards, but has only posted like twice in the past 4 years. Good luck on the tailgate chrome:grin:

#11 Zrebmun

Zrebmun

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Grand Prairie

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:21 AM

I actually go to Denton from time to time. If you could put me in contact with the member, or see if the parts are available, I would apreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users