Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need ECU pinout for 90 Loyale

it is NOT the same as the info supplied in the partial pdf fsm?

according to that (in case you dont have it) they are for the Park, Neutral, and Drive indicator lights on the dash, and inhibitor switch on the trans. at least, it is the way I read the wiring diagram from the pdf that i have.

I figured I would mention it since I looked at it anyhow. those files are helpful, but often frustrating:confused:

Yes, it's different. The 90-94 SPFI has a "clutch switch" and "neutral switch", or an "inhibitor switch" if it's an auto.

So far, my limited ability to research the SPFI system shows four distinct systems used, different wiring and some component differences with each, and slightly different ECU's as well.

1. 1986

2. 1987/1988

3. 1989

4. 1990-1994

Each requires slightly different tactics to retro-fit to non-spfi vehicles.

GD

Anyone with a Loyale FSM that could scan me the ECU pinout? It's different than the 89 system, and my haynes manual is useless as usual.

Or if you can't scan it could you tell me the names of the devices connected to pins 13, 14, and 15 of the F108 connector?

Thanks.

GD

For 1990-1992

pin 13 == Letter "D" for drive on autos illumination and to inhibitor switch

pin 14 == neutral illumination,inhibitor switch, neutral switch

pin 15 == park illumination,inhibitor switch

this is from chiltons loyale section 1990-1992. It did absolutely nothing for my 93. It splices off the original source from ecu to go to several places, on all 3 pins. park (pin 15) is simplest.

I am searching on a similar subject for a 1993.

1990-1992 have the same wiring, <89 had yet another different realm, and 1993-1994 are yet again different. I have the haynes for 90-92, it does not match my car, like the 89 partial fsm- does not match it.

Or if you can't scan it could you tell me the names of the devices connected to pins 13, 14, and 15 of the F108 connector?

13 connects to Drive on the Inhibitor SW & dash light.

14 is Neutral SW MT or Inhibitor SW for AT

15 is Clutch SW or Inhibitor SW.

I could scan Wednesday. I have FSMs for 90 and 86. I wouldn't mind "trading" schematic scans for 88 and 92.

Great! That's exactly what I needed to know.

For reference, this is one of the major differences with the Loyale SPFI vs. the older GL SPFI.

Pin 15 is used only for the auto "park switch" on the GL's, and is not connected in a manual tranny vehicle.

The Loyale ECU uses both a neutral switch, and a clutch switch, with the clutch switch using pin 15 on manual cars.

The really, really crappy part is that 85 through 87 dual range transmissions are not equipped with neutral switches, and without dismantling the tranny, there's no way to add it. I had to get really creative....

Good stuff.

GD

Great! That's exactly what I needed to know.

For reference, this is one of the major differences with the Loyale SPFI vs. the older GL SPFI.

Pin 15 is used only for the auto "park switch" on the GL's, and is not connected in a manual tranny vehicle.

The Loyale ECU uses both a neutral switch, and a clutch switch, with the clutch switch using pin 15 on manual cars.

The really, really crappy part is that 85 through 87 dual range transmissions are not equipped with neutral switches, and without dismantling the tranny, there's no way to add it. I had to get really creative....

Good stuff.

GD

I found that too, in my loyale. Something out at the tranny and the and at the clutch. I suppose to save one switch for neutral on the clutch and the other seems to be a switch connecting vs disconnecting so wiring it up direct could still have a neutral switch. (?) possibly?