Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tcase conversion.... need underbody pictures

scrap487

I've been brainstorming how I want to go about certain things with my lifted rig. Anyways I'm not going to get into the details and start a discussion I just want to see underbody pictures of how people did their tcase mod... I know exactly what the popular method is, I have just never seen it.

Underbody pics are nice, would like to see where the tcase is relative to the transmission, would like to see driveline angles, the linkage/shifter, the amount of clearance between the tranny tunnel and the tcase and transmission, is the motor at stock height? lower or higher? etc...

Thanks,

Trevor

anyone? please, it would be a great help... I'm planning on doing some major modification and I have an idea in my head that is far differant than most people go about their tcase converison; it will pay off for the subaru offroad community in a few weeks when I get a major part of this project done.

Also anyone have any idea which is the cheapest steel yard near portland? I usually go to the steel yard because they are close but my next purchase of metal will be fairly large. I'm gonna shop around a bunch when I get my paycheck on friday.

If you go into my photo gallery here in the USMB, I've got a few undernieth pictures, as well as a few pictures of th body pulled off the frame I built for the T-case conversion. Lots of luck, I love to see new stuff coming out. We need it, our off-road tech has gotten kind of stagnant lately.

If you go into my photo gallery here in the USMB, I've got a few undernieth pictures, as well as a few pictures of th body pulled off the frame I built for the T-case conversion. Lots of luck, I love to see new stuff coming out. We need it, our off-road tech has gotten kind of stagnant lately.

thanks, I remember when you posted those pictures initially when you blew your rear output shaft... actually came across them earlier today :-)

I'm going to be dedicating 2-3 of my days off work a week to this untill its done, biggest thing hindering my progress is money. I did most of my gutting and cutting this last week and next week I will be doing a majority of the metal work I can without the engine trans or tcase... engine is waiting for high comp rebuild($$), need to find 5 speed trans, and need to buy tcase($$).

I'll start a build thread at the end of next week, the setup I'm aiming for SHOULD work out really sweet, and a good amount differant than what has been done before.. but unfortunately I wont be able to do anything cool like lifting the body off the subframe like you as it will stay unibody ;)

btw I got your CD in the mail today zap, I havent looked at it yet but I will be doing so after work tomorrow... thanks a TON