Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HOW.. i repeat HOW did i break this?

Well.. in the link im gonna give you guys theres two problems:

i broke a purge control solenoid (located right next to the thermostat on my ea82)

and i dont even know what the hell these are (green nipples) but the one that is broken goes down to that big canister (PCV?) thats near the transaxle on the drivers side.

Can anyone give me a heads up to what the hell these do to my car if left broken? First off my car aint runnin anymore, so thats one i figured myself. What are these gonna cost me? Any other opinions u guys have for this kind of situation?

BTW: i got her home via duct tape. she aint leaving that way.

Jon, the ones with the green nipples are the solenoids for shifting in and out of 4wd on a pushbutton manual tranny. they can be had froma junkyard fairly cheap, and from what I have seen, they don't generally go bad.. I'm sure someone on the board here has one they would send you cheap

ok if u look at the drivers side strut tower from the drivers side fender area, you'll see the two green solenoids. I need the Left side as u could see in the pics.

The other is the "Purge Control Solenoid" located near the thermostat.

Thanks for your help noah, pm me when u get pics and ill send u info.

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo01

BTW: Noah, before u go doin anything, make sure its these two items. I believe I can explain;

that purge control sylenoid? has a hose that runs up to a container thingy? behind the passenger strut tower and then over to the green nippled vacuum valves behind the strut tower on the drivers side. On the purge control? if looking directly down on your spfi, it would be the basically ontop of the thermostat housing. *(in the pic, one of the thermostat bolts can be seen to the bottom left next to that green connector)*

I'm here if ya got any more questions.